Group Financial Accountant / Permanent
- Up to £80000.00 per annum + +car allowance
- Full Time
- Group Financial Accountant / Permanent
Group Financial Controller/Liverpool/Permanent - Candidates must be available to start as soon as possible
Accountable Recruitment are working with a well-known Liverpool organisation to recruit a Group Financial Controller on a permanent basis.
Working within a forward thinking, entrepreneurial business you will report directly into the Finance Director and responsible for overseeing the financials for the overall group.
Key day to day duties will include:
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Group's accounting records and financial systems.
- Review monthly management accounts providing challenge before review by CFO.
- Oversee the Group-wide inter-company process, ensuring timely and accurate reconciliations across the businesses.
- Provide technical accounting advice across the businesses.
- Manage the Group external audit, ensuring timetable is adhered to.
- Supervise the production of statutory accounts for the Group and its various subsidiary companies, in accordance with the relevant accounting principles.
- Actively manage the treasury process for the Group, including the various financing facilities in place.
- Manage the annual insurance review process with the external insurance advisors, working with the Group CFO to ensure optimum cover for the Group.
- Carry out balance sheet reviews with the subsidiary companies on a quarterly basis.
- Support the CFO in the development and execution of the Group's taxation strategy.
- Work with external providers to ensure RDEC claims are produced and submitted in a timely manner for the Group.
- Manage two direct reports, supporting their career and skills development.
- Support the provision of relevant & timely financial information to the Main Board to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the Group's strategy and objectives.
- Drive best practice across the Group for financial reporting, process and procedures.
- Ensure there is an effective system for managing the Group's internal control environment.
- Play an active role in assisting management in the risk assessment process and embedding a risk management culture throughout the organisation.
- Business partner the subsidiary FD's to ensure the Group finance department is properly supporting the needs of the operating businesses.
- Manage relationships with auditors, tax advisers, insurance brokers, bankers and other parties as directed by the Group CFO.
- Free parking onsite
- enhanced company pension
- Hybrid working -25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Car allowance
- Access to shopping discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service insurance