- Up to £70000.00 per annum + + bonus
- Full Time
- Financial Controller
£70,000 + bonus
A growing business based in Warrington is looking to recruit a qualified Financial Controller who can update and develop the company financial policies and procedures to help the business meet corporate goals.
This is a number 1 in Finance role, reporting to owner/directors.
You will be required to take departmental ownership of the finance function, to drive the strategy direction & raise the profile of finance within the business.
The role will not only perform the financial and banking related roles, but also equip the business with financial insights, monitor performance vs budget and play a key role in driving costs down.
Delivering strategic growth ideas to enhance the company's bottom line, as well as ideas for organic and inorganic growth opportunities, such as compliance and procurement.
As you understand the business, you will identify areas for improvement from accounting perspective, such as automation/efficiency/cost savings to operations and the commercial teams and implement agreed actions.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious FC who has vast experience within the SME sector, to join a rapidly expanding business and make an immediate impact in the finance team.
As Financial Controller your position will include:
- Act as the primary support person for month, quarter and year-end financial activities
- Reconcile corporate balance sheets and deliver monthly report packs to the directors.
- Oversee all activities related to HMRC tax compliance issues including VAT & PAYE.
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Overall management of the transactional and management accounts team
- Management of daily and annual banking process.
- Overseeing the Management accounts production
- Produce monthly management accounts showing performance against budget and variance.
- Build the annual budget by pulling together departmental budgets - i.e. sales/marketing/ Ops/HR etc.
- Manage and deliver the annual budget process with senior management to capture the strategic objectives.
- Regular communication with budget holders and to hold them accountable
- Production and development of the monthly finance board pack.
- Management of Overall Payroll-Benefits, Deductions, Expenses etc
To apply for the role you must:
- Qualified accountant ACCA, CIMA
- Experience of working within a growing SME environment
- The ability to use financial information to formulate and propose new business strategies.
- Both technical and commercial accounting skills
- Experience of managing a team
- Strong business partnering and communications skills
- Experience of procurement or negotiating better contract deals
- Knowledge and experience of implementing and rolling out new compliance across a wider business
If you are interested in this position then please apply via the link below or call Rebecca on 07889300045Apply for this position