Head of Financial Accounting
- £65000.00 - £68000.00 per annum
- Full Time
- Property and Housing
- Head of Financial Accounting
Head of Financial Accounting / Permanent role / Wirral (flexible hybrid working) / £65,000 - £68,000
Full-time role (37 hours a week), flexible hours with agile working, 28 days holiday + bank holidays, enhanced company pension scheme and many more flexible benefits!
We are seeking an experienced Head of Financial Accounting to join our clients established Finance team. You will be responsible for overseeing the financial accounting operations and working closely with the Finance Director you will provide strategic guidance to the organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial statements, compliance with accounting regulations, and timely reporting of financial information.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial accounting operations of the organisation, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll functions.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial statements, in compliance with GAAP, IFRS, and other accounting regulations.
- Prepare and analyse financial statements, including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with accounting regulations and safeguard company assets.
- Manage and mentor the financial accounting team (8) , ensuring that staff are trained and equipped to perform their roles effectively.
- Collaborate with other departments, ensuring that financial accounting operations are aligned with overall company strategy.
- Monitor and analyse financial data to identify trends, areas of risk, and opportunities for improvement.
- Drive process improvements to streamline financial accounting operations and enhance efficiency.
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure successful completion of annual audits.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and reports, as required by senior management.
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA, ACA
- Previous experience working within financial accounting, including people management.
- Knowledge of accounting regulations.
- Experience managing a team and driving process improvements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
To discuss this fantastic organisation in more detail please apply below or contact Lauren Harrison at Accountable Recruitment on 07731 356 287.
Apply for this position