Head of Finance
- £75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + plus benefits
- Full Time
- Head of Finance
About Our Client
Since inception our Liverpool based client has gone from strength to strength and has enjoyed a period of continued growth and expansion. With plans for further growth, new market penetration, and new contract wins - the time has come to add an experienced and commercially focussed Head of Finance to the leadership team.
The Head of Finance reporting into the Managing Director, is a key role in ensuring the overall effective financial management and performance of the company. In doing this, they actively participate in the commercial financial planning and strategic growth decision making of the company while working very closely with the operational and commercial leaders, helping maintain and improve sales and profitability along the way.
Effective communication is a key part of the role, as the Head of Finance acts as a key information provider, stakeholder engager, negotiator and leader. Strong people skills are essential for this post holder short and long term, and as well as strong internal engagement; people skills enable a greater understanding of customer behaviour, market trends, challenges, opportunities and ultimately enable a positive impact on the financial performance of the business.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Head of Finance include:
- Full financial responsibility for the organisation.
- Oversee the timely and accurate provision of monthly management accounts and provide strategic analysis to the Board.
- Production of monthly management information packs and commentary to aid decision making.
- Ensure the financial health and sustainability of the business via strong cash management and adequate funding provision.
- Governance and strategic leadership including commercial support across the business.
- Best-practice controls, policies and assurance.
- Manage your finance time and drive best practice to enable finance to be a true business partner and value-added department.
- Ensure the company meets all of its financial, regulatory, tax and legal responsibilities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be an inspirational leader. You will be values-driven, energetic, and commercially astute.
Essential experience includes
- Leadership and management of finance and wider commercial influence.
- Ideally have significant understanding of a construction/operations environment including the importance of pricing, CIS, costing, margins and contract profitability.
- Leading, developing and evaluating financial feasibility studies for new contract wins/tenders.
- Providing effective financial and business advice and support to the Directors, Board and senior leadership team.
- Development and implementation of efficient and accessible management information, KPI tracking and reporting systems.
- Demonstrated track record in mentoring/managing other individuals and acting as a strong business partner in a leadership role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with confidence and gravitas to build relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong IT / ERP experience.
- Salary £75,000-£85,000 - ( DOE ) plus benefits
- Pension Scheme.
- Office based.